Thursday, March 13, 2014

Speak

It’s a long day when 
the cold persists
and a cold persists 
and there isn’t anyone to 
talk with.

Green dots are grey.
Green dots lie to my face.

Remote controls
and faces afar: people I know 
so well… 
With bodies I’ll never touch
And stories that are trapped
In electricity. 

But at least they 
talk. 
They are connected
I’ll never be afraid to cry to them.
When I laugh I'm not scared to
Show them all my teeth. 

Long days which 
Descend 
Crawling
Into 
Long nights. 

They’ll ease into mornings. 
You’ll see the light. 
Bright, warm days are ahead 
Spring doesn’t know how to wait. 
It’s everywhere, springing
Quick. 
Unpredictable. 

And then
When I want to talk 
I will have flowers to talk to 
And birds to sing me to sleep.
For
Although I know
That
Screens talk,


They do not speak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment