Saturday, February 8, 2014

Nightingale/Rebounding

You're beautiful in the night.
A glowworm nest broke on the ceiling,
I'm mesmerized and 
Falling again.

Banks are closed in the night,
The streets are empty,
Taxi rides are quick and then 
I'm with you.

Fleeting
Unsure
Scared
We say these too much:
Lovers sing of joy and smiles
Of certainty and the bright
Of the day's morningsong.
We are creatures of the frigid night-

Nightbird, you have a prettier call
Pity it's so deceptive.

We are in a freezer right now,
Frozen into each other for better or worse,
Summer will come and we will
Defrost and flow
And know 
If or not we come from separate shores.

For now nightbird, fly to me and sing.
Let me brush away your tears and fears,
With my tongue and fingertips
I am a smooth talker,
You are a night of bliss.

You're a blanket.
The night is snowy cold.
I want the whole world to know:
I'm falling again.

The lips of death give frosty nighttime kisses.
We're never going to fly to the Caribbean.
Because nightbirds,
Don't fly into the sun.

Except for
When they do.

I wonder with ifs
Hope that skips
In a 
Summersea heart.

Will you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment